Kovina Anastasiya Valer'evna, Master’s degree student, Ural Federal University named after the First President of Russia B. N. Yeltsin (19, Mira street, Ekaterinburg, Russia), senior inspector, Ministry of Social Policy of the Sverdlovsk region (105, Bolshakova street, Ekaterinburg, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Pevnaya Mariya Vladimirovna, Doctor of sociological sciences, associate professor, head of the sub-department of sociology and state and municipal government technologies, Ural Federal University named after the First President of Russia B. N. Yeltsin (19, Mira street, Ekaterinburg, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The relevance of the study is due to the rapid development of information technology, the growing popularity of social networks in modern Russian society. In the system of social protection of the population, the use of information and communication technologies helps to increase the satisfaction of citizens in need of state assistance with the activities of social specialists, improve the quality of services and information openness of social service organizations. The purpose of the article is to identify the characteristics of network interaction between specialists and clients of institutions subordinate to the Ministry of Social Policy of the Sverdlovsk Region, and to determine the prospects for the development of communication between specialists and the public in the social protection system.
Materials and methods. The article presents the results of an initiative study – a content analysis of the communities of social services institutions of the Sverdlovsk region, implemented in 2019. 61 community in the social networks VKontakte, Odnoklassniki, Facebook. The cases of successful implementation in the state and non-profit sectors of communication of specialists with the population in social networks were identified and presented.
Results. The study made it possible to identify the existing and under development virtual communication practices of specialists in the field of social protection of the population of one of the largest Russian regions – the Sverdlovsk Region – with clients of their institutions online. A relationship was established between the existence of successful practices in the interaction of specialists of social service institutions with clients in social networks with high quality indicators of the services provided by institutions. The importance of the development of virtual communication in the activities of social institutions is substantiated. Possible problematic tricks that impede the development of this type of communication in the field of social protection of the population are outlined. The authors offer a number of recommendations in promoting this area of work.
Conclusions. According to the study, we can conclude that the virtual communication of specialists of social institutions in the field of social protection of the population of the Sverdlovsk region is only beginning to develop. The dynamics of this development are weak, but some examples of the activity of communities of social institutions show that it has certain prospects in the near future.
1. Fond «Obshchestvennoe mnenie» [“Public opinion” foundation]. Available at: https://fom.ru/Obraz-zhizni/14137 (accessed Febr. 10, 2019). [In Russian]
2. Shtaynshaden Ya. Sotsial'naya set'. Fenomen Facebook [Social network. Fassebok phenomenon]. Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2011, p. 118. [In Russian]
3. Vserossiyskiy tsentr issledovaniya obshchestvennogo mneniya (VTsIOM) [Russia Public Opinion Research Center (VCIOM)]. Available at: https://wciom.ru/index.php?id=236&uid=116691 (accessed Febr. 10, 2019). [In Russian]
4. Ministerstvo sotsial'noy politiki Sverdlovskoy oblasti [Ministry of Social Policy of the Sverdlovsk Region]. Available at: https://msp.midural.ru/o-ministerstve/publichnayadeklaraciya-celey-i-zadach/2019-godx.html (accessed Apr. 13, 2019). [In Russian]
5. Shinyaeva O. V., Kayumova L. Kh. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2014, no. 1 (29), pp. 80–90. [In Russian]
6. Savinskaya O. B., Dudchenko O. N., Mytil' A. V. Zhurnal issledovaniy sotsial'noy politiki [Social Policy Research Journal]. 2017, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 97–112. [In Russian]
7. Udovitskiy P. V., Shvets L. G. Molodoy uchenyy [Yound scientist]. 2015, no. 24 (104), pp. 789–791. [In Russian]
8. Chitat Ch., Sekyum Ngai S. Journal of Social Work Practice: psychotherapeutic approaches in health, welfare and the community. 2018, no. 33 (5), pp. 1–16. Available at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02650533.2018.1504286 (accessed Apr. 07, 2019).
9. Westwood J., Dill K., Campbell A., Shaw A. Social Work Education. 2017, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 855–868.
10. Popova M. V., Savchenko V. V. Fundamental'nye issledovaniya [Fundamental researches]. 2015, no. 6, pp. 607–611. [In Russian]
11. Ministerstvo sotsial'noy politiki Sverdlovskoy oblasti [Ministry of Social Policy of the Sverdlovsk Region]. Available at: msp.midural.ru/podvedomstvennye-struktury/podved-structure.html (accessed Febr. 18, 2019). [In Russian]
12. Tarshis E. Ya. Sotsiologiya: metodologiya, metody, matematicheskoe modelirovanie [Sociology: methodology, methods, mathematical modeling]. 2002, no. 15, pp. 71–92. [In Russian]
13. Ministerstvo sotsial'noy politiki Sverdlovskoy oblasti [Ministry of Social Policy of the Sverdlovsk Region]. Available at: https://msp.midural.ru/deyatelnost/otchety-odeyatelnosti. html (accessed Febr. 18, 2019). [In Russian]
14. Servis analitiki postov i stranits konkurentov v sotsial'nykh setyakh [Service analytics posts and pages of competitors in social networks]. Available at: https://popsters.ru (accessed May 18, 2019). [In Russian]
15. Ministerstvo sotsial'noy politiki Sverdlovskoy oblasti [Ministry of Social Policy of the Sverdlovsk Region]. Available at: https://msp.midural.ru/aktualnyeproekty/ nezavisimaya-sistema-ocenki-kachestva-raboty-uchrejdeniy/itogi-nso-reytingiinformaciya. html (accessed Febr. 18, 2019). [In Russian]
16. Upravlenie sotsial'noy zashchity naseleniya g. Dmitrova Ministerstva sotsial'nogo razvitiya Moskovskoy oblasti [Department of Social Protection of the Population of Dmitrov, Ministry of Social Development of the Moscow Region]. VKontakte. Available at: https://vk.com/duszn/ (accessed Mar. 10, 2019). [In Russian]
17. Nekommercheskaya organizatsiya «Blagoe delo» [Nonprofit organization “Blagoye delo”]. VKontakte. Available at: https://vk.com/delonablago (accessed Febr. 20, 2019). [In Russian]
18. Nekommercheskaya organizatsiya «Fond pomoshchi detyam s autizmom “Ya osobennyy” » [Nonprofit organization “Autistic children support foundation “Ya osobenniy”]. VKontakte. Available at: https://vk.com/autismural (accessed Febr. 20, 2019). [In Russian]
19. Westwood J. Social Media in Social Work Education. Northwich, United Kingdom: Critical Publishing, 2014, 104 p.
20. Social Work, the Media and Public Relations. Ed. by B. Franklin, N. Parton. Routledge: United Kingdom, 2014, 256 p.